Monday, May 12, 2008

New Book Up

My new book, An Empire of Law, has begun. This book is a low-magic fantasy, set in a world of my creation. So far, there are four chapters to read, including a Foreword.

I am not abandoning Superstition. But the first book is coming to a close, and I wanted to have something going before I ended it, so that you, the readers, wouldn't go without some of my writing. Also, I think it may appeal to a different set of readers. But of course, I'd love it if everyone reading Superstition read AEOL (you're welcome, Gavin).

AEOL updates MWF, and I will continue with the Tuesday/Saturday updates for Superstition until Book 1 ends. Then, I'll take a couple weeks off of Superstition while I plot out the next adventure of Dashiell and Regina. The nice thing about that particular setting is that it feels much more serial - it lends itself to shorter stories, but with greater possibilities over time. In fact, I had originally envisioned it as a potential TV series idea (hey, every writer wants to work in Hollywood at some point, right?).

AEOL, on the other hand, is much more geared to be an epic, along the lines of No Man an Island, or something by Tolkein or Jordon (without a book that covers four days where nothing happens (sorry - couldn't resist)).

Hopefully you'll enjoy both stories.

And, as always, thanks for reading!

No comments: