Sunday, August 3, 2008

Six Months

Six months ago today, Sunday, February 3, I published the first chapter of Superstition. Six months and 46 chapters later, I've completed the first story and am well into the second.

I've also posted 36 chapters of my second work, An Empire of Law. It's been a long six months, with some missed updates (which I still owe), but overall a wonderful experience. I'd like to think my writing has improved in that time.

I've gone from 2 updates a week to 5, and the inspiration has never been lacking when I sit down to write. Missed updates have always been the result of other issues infringing on my time, never a lack of a story to tell (which I've probably just jinxed by writing). My readership has grown and I've made some wonderful friends in the web writing community. I've been interviewed and I've gathered readers.

I wasn't sure, when I first started out, that I had what it took to do this. But six months on, I'm still going strong. It's nice to know I have the ability to tell the stories I've got in my head, and that you enjoy reading them enough to keep coming back week after week.

I've got other stories I'd like to write, but for now, keeping up with two ongoing projects is enough. When the second book of Superstition is done, I may take a break to try something else before returning to the world of Dashiell and Regina. Or I may not. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Just know I've enjoyed the last six months and I hope you have too. While I may not enjoy the readership that some of my fellows in the community do, I enjoy all the comments you leave. Seeing an e-mail letting me know someone has left their thoughts on my work is the highlight of my day and one of the best parts of this job.

So thank you again for the last six months. Here's to an equally great next six.

ATM

No comments: